Summer’s here, school’s out and many people are preparing to travel overseas. Whether you’re traveling to enjoy some well-earned rest and relaxation, to embark on exciting adventures or to spend quality time with family and friends, you’ll have a better trip if you travel healthily. Dr Kay Deeming from our Family Medicine team shares her Top 8 Tips for Healthy Flying…
- Wear comfortable clothing and remember temperatures can vary between airport terminals, planes and your destination, so it’s always good to have a layer or two handy.
- Avoid coffee and alcohol on board.
- Stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Do a few simple foot exercises during the flight to reduce swelling and improve venous flow such as those suggested by Emirates.
- Ensure you have enough medication with you for the duration of the holiday.
- Carry medicines in your hand luggage (but don’t to exceed the limits of liquids allowed on board).
- Carry a copy of the prescriptions for any fully controlled medication.
- Check out government websites for countries you are visiting or transiting through regarding permitted prescribed medications.
Wishing you happy and healthy travels from all at the Dubai Physiotherapy & Family Medicine Clinic!