- Nail conditions including infections, in-growing toenails and onychogryphosis etc.
- Reconstruction as a result of nail damage through trauma or infection.
- Verrucae treatments using various treatment methods such as cryosurgery, silver nitrate, and salicylic acid etc.
- Foot conditions such as painful corns, calluses, Morton’s neuroma, bunions and skin disorders etc.
- Risk patients suffering from systemic disorders e.g. diabetes, vascular disease, rheumatoid conditions, neurological ailments and musculoskeletal abnormalities.
- Footwear guidance on all aspects of footwear to help alleviate discomfort and improve function.
- Injuries such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, metatarsalgia and shin splints.
- Biomechanics & gait analysis using the latest technology to improve foot function and performance.
- Orthotic requirements orthotics can be prescribed and custom manufactured.
FOOT HEALTH AND AGEING:
As our feet grow older, they naturally develop more problems. But painful and uncomfortable feet are not something you should have to put up with.
A lot can be done to improve comfort, relieve pain and keep you on your feet for life.
AT DUBAI PHYSIOTHERAPY AND FAMILY MEDICINE CLINIC WE HAVE INTRODUCED A ‘SENIORS CLINIC’
Keeping nails cut and under control will help keep you mobile. Unfortunately, many older people find cutting toenails problematic, due to poor eyesight or difficulties in bending down.
Your Podiatrist will be able to cut even heavily overgrown or thick nails painlessly, and provide advice on appropriate self-care.
Custom Made Flip Flops and Sandals
Chiropodist / Podiatrist, FSSCh BCPA DipPodMed, HPC Registered
Kersten has over 15 years experience and as well as routine Chiropody & Podiatry treatments, she is also fully qualified to carry out complete biomechanical assessments and prescribe orthotics. She uses the latest biomechanical assessment technology for clinical analysis (which provides an accurate assessment in just 10 minutes) and custom manufactures orthotics to suit the patients specific needs. This assessment is very popular with athletes and those with sports injuries.
Kersten graduated from the SMAE Institute in England in 2001. She is a Fellow of the British Chiropody and Podiatry Association and is registered with the Health Professions Council in England. She has owned and managed a Chiropody & Podiatry private practice in the UK and worked in several GP clinics before moving to Dubai.
At the clinic Kersten is able to offer a wide range of Chiropody & Podiatry treatments.